I’m a homebrewer and beer connoisseur living in northern New Jersey with my wife and daughter. I started homebrewing in college back in 1993 and brewed for 3-4 years. I put the hobby aside for a few years and began brewing again in late 2007. I brew 5 gallon, all grain batches and have dabbled in apple wine. I don’t brew as often as I’d like due to family commitments but I enjoy it when I can.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nogne O 100 - Review #0006

 I received a bottle of #100 for my birthday and finally opened it up tonight. Labeled as a Barley Wine I’ve seen it listed as an IIPA (the Barley Wine Label is supposedly an error).  #100: 23,5°P, 80 IBU, 10% ALC/VOL, brewed with Maris Otter, wheat, and chocolate malt; Columbus, Chinook, and Centennial hops; English ale yeast, and Grimstad water. Whatever you call it it’s interesting, and after recently enjoying the Mikkeller’s All Others Pale, I’ve become interested in European craft beer.

Pours a murky dark ruddy brown with a slightly off white head that quickly fades to lacey white rings around the glass. Aromas of dark fruit, caramel, hints of whole wheat bread, with a spicy, citrusy, and somewhat minty herbal hop aroma. 


Dry, yet creamy, mouth feel with a high level of carbonation that’s prickly on the tongue…..update: lost my notes on this one and that’s all I had.

No comments: